Monday, June 21, 2010

Guess What?!?!?!

Today, I received the following letter in my UVU email box:


Dear Samantha,

Congratulations!

I received the Spring 2010 grade report and I am please to inform you of your place of honor on the Dean's List in University College at Utah Valley University. I take great pleasure recognizing you for your hard work to achieve academic excellence.

By attaining this honor, you have shown dedication, perseverance, commitment, and intellectual capability. But, more importantly, you have demonstrated a desire to learn.

If you would like a certificate to mark this accomplishment, please stop by the dean's suite during regular campus office hours by September 1, 2010, and we will be happy to provide that for you. The dean's suite is located in room 210 of the Liberal Arts building. If there is anything else the dean's staff may assist you with, please let us know.

Best Wishes,

Bonnie G. Henrie, Ph.D.
Dean, University College



I was so excited when I read this. I am DEFINITELY going to get a certificate to celebrate this occasion. I am guessing this may not be that big of a deal to some students, but to me; a Single-Mother to five children who is working, and struggling, and fighting all sorts of challenges each and every day, AND going to school; this is a MOMENTOUS occasion.
In this moment I am happy! At this crossroads, I know I have chosen the correct path and am moving into my amazing future. YEAH!!!

No comments: