Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bad Blogger, Bad Blogger!

As if I really have any time to be blogging, I still feel bad that I haven't updated for a while. Lots has happened, though, so let me share...

The first major thing that happened over the last few months was that my Grandmother passed away. She's the one that we have lived with in the past. And of course, turmoil ensued over STUFF. But I'll not go into that, because it's not really that important. Grandma Watters passed away on October 8, 2009 and we had her funeral on October 12. I, along with one of my cousins from each of the Sisters' families spoke at the funeral. It was great, but sorta long. Lots to remember. All I know is Grandma is back with Grandpa and they are both happy and out of pain and their imperfect mortal bodies.
Shortly after Grandma passed away, Matt got the devastating news that because of his history, he is currently unable to become enlisted in any Military service. They did leave a thread of hope and tell him that things change and it's possible that at some point in the future, the rules may change, but I'm not holding my breath. I sorta feel like the ROTC program keep stringing him along in order for him to stay enrolled, but I could be wrong. In regards to the rest on Matt's classes this semester, it's gonna be a wash. We've already got him signed up for the same classes next semester, but at night.
The next major event was my Uncle Lynn Patterson being rear-ended by a drunk driver, and then when he got out of the car to assess the damage, the guy ran him over and took off. That night, Uncle Lynn had to have part of his skull removed to relieve swelling and he lay unconscious in the hospital for a week. At that point, the Doctors determined that he wasn't going to get any better and so the family decided to take him off of life support. He passed away around 7pm on October 30, 2009. We attended an amazing funeral the following Tuesday, November 3rd. My Aunt Donetta was doing extremely well in my opinion. I'd be a basket case, I know it. I can't imaging losing my Mom and a couple of weeks later, losing my husband. All I can say is Families can be Together Forever!..and they will be!
We have had other smaller events, like extended family member contracting H1N1, and us luckily, not getting it. Though, I am not sure that we don't have it in our house right now. We'll see.
Matt just started a job with a masonry company, so we have a paycheck coming in , Finally! The position is for the next 4-6 weeks, but could become permanent. He is earning prevailing wages, so it's good pay. We just have to get him to and from Pleasant Grove everyday to meet his boss for a ride to the job site.
Our other stroke of good luck is that our car has broken down. SO that means, we're having to find rides for Matt to get to work, me to get to school, and anywhere else we have to go. Fun, fun for Mama.
That's pretty much a breakdown of the major happenings over the last few months. I have to go chase down my little boys and clean up whatever mess I am sure they are making. Talk to everyone very soon!...I hope!

No comments: