Monday, November 30, 2009

The Polar Express



This year, after a few struggles to get there, we made it to the Heber Valley RailRoad's Polar Express Ride. The kids were so excited. I believe this was all of the kids' first train ride. They had a ball the whole time. Me, not so much. I mean, I guess I may have been expecting too much from this activity. Polar express makes me think there'll be people singing as they serve Hot Cocoa, and professional type actors or something. I don't know what the other cars were like, but ours seemed quite a bit unprofessional. Like, I said. I had expectations that were way too high for this trip. It's all good though. What the kids thought of it was what matters most.



We were served Hot Chocolate and Homemade Cookies. They were like chocolate chip cookies but with a bit of a Gingersnap taste to them. They even gave us the recipe for the cookies, so I'm going to try them soon. We did have a couple of elves that were telling jokes and trying to sing. ;) There was also someone dressed as a chef who actually had a great voice. The elves were close to tone deaf, but oh well. We had a short visit from Mrs. Claus. She's the one who gave us the cookie recipe.



Then later, we stopped when a visitor flagged down the train. Guess Who?!?...




Overall, I probably wouldn't pay that much money to do the same activity again, but it was a great experience for the family. My goal has been to do things that would create lasting memories. Whether or not I thought it was a "perfect" Polar Express, it was a Memory we will have forever.

No comments: