Friday, November 27, 2009

The Countdown begins!

Well, actually, I have two countdowns...
The first one is the Countdown to Christmas. Now that it is the day after Thanksgiving, we have entered the official countdown to Christmas. I LOVE Christmas! The sounds, the smells, the lights, and the good spirit that people possess. If only the world could enjoy the Christmas Spirit throughout the entire year! I get to decorate my house, make Christmas gifts and treats, and remember those who are less fortunate than we are at this tough time. We have struggled, but I know there are MANY many people who are in much worse circumstances than we are. We have a home. We have food. We have family. And we have a few gifts to give to the children. For these things and Many others, I am absolutely Grateful!
We are going to the Food and Care Coalition to serve others and we are donating items of food and toys like we usually do. We have already sub-for-santa'd a family a couple of weeks ago with items we were lucky enough to have, and fortunate enough to be able to offer to someone who could truly use them. I still feel as though there is more for us to do this Holiday season, so we will keep our eyes and Hearts open to those who could benefit from our family in any way. I have been assisted much through times of trial and I do everything I can to pay it forward. I pray that everyone can do the same!
The Second countdown that is soon coming to an end is this First Semester back to college. I only have a couple more weeks of school and only that amount of time to work on finishing up all the papers, studying, and testing I must complete for class. Then we'll see how my Grades turn out and go from there into next semester. I already know that I am going to take Math 1010 over again because the Math took me by surprise in regards to what I couldn't remember. Almost Everything! That's OK though. I'll be more prepared for next time.
So off I go to write my Nutrition 1020 Research Paper and study for the test I am taking on Monday. Wish me luck...or at least Happy studying. :)
Happy Black Friday to you all!

No comments: