Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 2: Something I Love About Myself

Something I LOVE about myself…

Now, this is a much more difficult subject matter for me to tackle. I have that stupid girl tendency to constantly look at my failures and short-comings, instead of focusing on the good I have to offer. Let’s see what I can come with, shall we?



1. I love that I can look at most people and see their potential. I long for those around me to become the amazing souls that I know they can be. This can also be considered a downfall, but in general, this is a great trait!

2. I love that I am patient, and loving, and kind, and only want the best for everyone I encounter. Especially my children! I want everything in the world for them… minus all the yucky stuff.

3. I love my eyes, because they are a pretty blue, and have always stayed steady, regardless of my weight, or my hair length, or my hair color. Always blue, and always clear.

4. I love the children that I am so blessed to be called Mother to. I personally thing they are the most beautiful children ever, and I am willing to argue that point until the ends of the Earth.

5. I love that I have many talents, though I would like to use them more often. I love to sing, and write, and dance, and act… Yeah. I guess you would have to call me a performer. Oh!! And I do love to cook, AND I am pretty good at it, if I do say so myself! Just ask any of my dinner guests who have been lucky enough to experience my Amazing Mashed Potatoes!!!

Once I actually started to think about the things that I could love about myself, I actually came up with several, and that makes me very happy. I am excited for this 30 days of truth journey, though I know that many very personal posts are still to come. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

the Lola Letters said...

I love this! Those are all very good things to love! Good AND true! ;)