Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 6: Something You Hope You Never Have to Do

There are so many things in my life that I hope I never have to do, along with things I hope I never have to do AGAIN!

The first thing to pop into my mind would be to have to bury one of my children. The second thought was to have been at fault for the death or the injury of my own child.



As I thought further about this topic, however; all sorts of ideas came into my mind. I hope to never get divorced again. I hope to never be homeless again; ESPECIALLY with my children involved. I hope to never hurt people. I hope to never lose my Faith… The list seems endless. But one thing came strikingly into my thoughts and I discovered what I truly hope never to do.



I hope I am NEVER responsible for the death of someone else’s child; whether by accident, some sort of misconduct, carelessness, or… ANYTHING really.



Though the death of my own child would be a tragedy and cause me complete and utter devastation; I could not imagine the guilt that would be associated with causing that devastation for another Mother or Father, another Sister or Brother, another Grandmother or Grandfather…

Just typing these words gives me chills. Yep. That’s the one!

No comments: