Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for.

Today is also a deep one in my book. Honesty can be scary when I have to start putting other people's names into the equation. There are a couple of people I must forgive in the near future, but I believe the most important person for me to forgive right now is my "almost" ex-husband, Matt.

As people, we can only do the best we can with the knowledge and the abilities that we currently have… And that is all. I know Matt did the best he could based upon his life experiences, the knowledge he had acquired, and the tools he had accumulated.

But I felt as though that was not enough. I felt that he should have done more, learned more, taken new directions when the ones he was exploring were not working, and TRIED HARDER. These expectations were my own, and for that; I must ask Matt for forgiveness.

Matt, for all of the actions I did not agree with, or were unhappy about; I forgive you.
For all the moments where I felt sad, or angry, or scared; I forgive you.
For the moments when your voice was raised, or the words were hurtful; I forgive you.

Matt… I forgive you. Please Forgive me?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

wow, Sam, that's really huge. The description says someone you have to forgive, not that you are going to forgive them now... you've gone above and beyond and I think that's GREAT! Good for you!

the Lola Letters said...

Hugs for you.
*amazing*