Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Almost Christmas...

So we're on the downward slide towards Christmas Morning. Yeah!!! We have a few presents under the Christmas tree from my brother and sister-in-law for the kiddoes, but even those aren't safe right now. Peyton and Gavin will probably have them unwrapped sooner rather than later. Ahh, there goes one of them down the stairs. PeyPey is a pretty good throw. I hope there isn't anything breakable or fragile inside that package for Mikayla. If so, it's probably not still intact.
My other grand adventure for today is to continue with the various baking Mom and I have been doing. Yesterday, we did Caramel Krispy Treats and Haystacks. Then Mom did some oatmeal cookies with a variety of chips. (Variety because of some little helpers at her house who emptied all her bags of different types of baking chips into one container...at least those chips they hadn't already eaten!) Today, I baked a bunch of Snickerdoodles, and made my Grandma Stillman's Smitty's Christmas cookies. I had also made our Yummy meat rub in advance and have some of it jarred up to go out with treat plates too. I am going to include the recipe so everyone can enjoy this FANTASTIC Meat rub.
Mom and I still have Pretzels and Peppermint Sticks to dip into three different types of Chocolate and Caramel. We are also planning on Pumpkin Bread, and some Spritz cookies. And then, I think that's all we're doing for our treat plates. I think that's enough. Oh, but Matt just suggested I get some square caramels and dip them in chocolate too. I asked him if he had a specific treat he wanted and, well, that's what I get for asking.
Here's to a late night of baking and wrapping... Yes I get to help Santa wrap some gifts tonight, so we'll probably be up quite late. Fun Fun!! Merry Merry!! See ya soon!

No comments: