Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Just when I thought I was ready, ... BLAM!

So I thought I had gone through everything I needed to get situated for our upcoming school semester scheduled to start on January 6th. Yeah, that's a week away! Little did I realize a process that still had to be gone through before any of our financial aid money will come through. I figured I would get a letter, an email, or SOMETHING that would tell me if I was on Financial Aid Probation or something like that because I didn't do well in two of my four classes.
Oh, no.
I found out because a friend of mine told to double check my Financial Aid status to make sure I was good to go for next week. (I guess that would have been an obvious thing to do, but I didn't think about it!)
Turns out, I'm not so much, ready. I have to go through an Appeals process with the Financial Aid office at the School before I will POSSIBLY qualify for financial aid...



Wait... What?! STOP, Rewind and Repeat...

"Before I Possibly qualify..."? You mean I may not qualify?!...

I know last semester sucked, but I thought I could still make up for it and do better next semester. Oh dear, oh dear!

Well, here I am after Midnight still putting together the information I need for the appeals process. I must show what circumstances that led me to do poorly this semester (with 3rd Party Documentation) and why I will be able to successfully complete all future semesters. I think I have put together a pretty good letter outlining all of the fun we had this fall. Plus, it was my FIRST semester back to college after a long break and with 5 little children at home. I feel that I have learned many lessons (see those in a previous post...) and am ready to continue with my school successfully. Especially because I DO NOT want to have to repeat classes again! And, yes, I want to earn my RN ... before I die!
Here's to hoping I can get it all taken care of and have our Financial Aid disbursements come sooner rather than later!

Have a good night y'all!!

No comments: