Sunday, December 27, 2009

...And the results are!...

I got all A's! Yeah!!!

Well, I guess not all A's. I got an A in my Nutrition 1020 class and an A in my Psychology 1100 class. Next semester, I am redoing the Math 1010 class and Biology 1010 class. I had already chalked up my other courses as a learning experience.
The lesson's learned:
1- Do not EVER take a Math class strictly online. Especially if it is your first Math class since High School. Not a good idea!
2- When a class says "Self-Paced" truly make sure you pace yourself. In other words; do the work throughout the entire semester instead of letting it get further and further behind so you get stuck doing an entire semester's work in a few weeks... or less. (They tell you that at the beginning of the course, but with 5 kids and a bunch of life happening, it's easy to continually put it off.)
3- I can really do this! Regardless of what's going on, so long as I suck it up, do the work, and don't let anyone or anything make me think I can't finish. I KNOW I CAN!!!
Good lessons in my book!

So, school for the kids starts on January 4th and school at UVU starts on January 6th. I do have quite a load of classes next semester, but I am confident that I can do it. I am retaking my Math (not online) and Biology (not procrastinated) along with First Aid, Swimming, and English 1010...
Yes, I said English 1010. When I was an English major at college originally, I took upper division classes. I never had to take what used to be English 101. Well, those upper-division courses do not count towards the English 1010 prerequisite for the Nursing program at UVU. So here I am, a published writer and I am taking a Beginning Writing Class. Oh, well! I still think it's going to be fun, and probably not too hard for me! We'll see.

No comments: