Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Great Mold Migration!

No, this post IS NOT about some nasty, moldy, mildew problem, or the fact that I cleaned out my fridge and came across a few interesting specimens that used to be leftovers. in fact, this post has nothing to do with that type of mold at all. I am talking about ceramic and porcelain molds.



You see, for those of you who don't know, my Grandparents used to do porcelain and ceramics all the time. Over the years they had bought and collected hundreds of molds for those ceramic and porcelain items.
When they moved up to Utah from California, of course they brought up this vast collection of molds with them. These molds vary in shape and size from a few inches big, to feet across and deep. They are also VERY HEAVY! Well, the big ones are.
When Grandma passed away last year, the house was left with this huge collection of molds ready for the taking. The problem was, not many of the family members were interested in keeping these molds. Here is where the fun part begins!...
My mom was one of the main people who had been asking about the molds and after much deliberation, she was told she could have them, except the few that were already spoken for, of course.

So started the Great Mold Migration of 2010. My brother Michael, his wife Laura, and my Mom went over to Grandma's house with a Uhaul trailer and loaded it up to capacity. This was just the first load. Yes! There were TONS and TONS of molds there. After two more truck loads, a van load, and then some, all of the molds have safely been transferred up to Michael and Laura's house in Clinton. Yeah! Let me tell you how much fun that was... ... ...

... Oh, yeah. No fun at all.

I really want to thank my brother and his awesome wife for helping Mom get these precious items loaded and moved from Grandma's. Laura did some of the loading all by herself... Yep, Laura is Super Woman!

Just thought I'd let you in on all the fun!!!

No comments: