Saturday, March 13, 2010

More Randomness!



I know, I know. It would be great if I could blog things in order of their happening, and perhaps do it a bit more often. Yeah I KNOW! But who know's when I will ever be able to do that so today, I have brought you some more updates and photos of some of the fun we've been having lately!

First of all, I have officially gotten my horrible Fall Semester grades changed to W's, meaning they no longer get factored into my GPA. Which mean... I have a 4.0 GPA for last semester! Yeahaw! What do you think of that?!



Second, if you didn't already know, my Mom's dog Archie was hit by a car the other morning. (and...by the way... the jerk-head people who hit him didn't even stop!) We figured he had a broken hip and that he had some internal damage or bleeding. He had a large bulge in his lower belly that was discolored and would periodically drip a fair amount of blood. Not a whole lot we could do so we decided the best route was to put him down. That was a few days ago and I felt so bad for my mom. She wasn't even home. She didn't get to say Goodbye to her furry little friend. Just so you know Mom, I petted him TONS and gave him lots of luvin's for you before he was put down. I love you Mom!

On to a happier subject...
My baby sister-in-law is getting pretty close to having her first baby and I got to attend her baby shower on Saturday. It was great. It was at a little place called The Chocolate, in Orem. It's a small bakery in what used to be a home. They have tables and chairs, couches, and other odds and ends throughout the rooms. It's a super cute place and the cupcakes are SO YUMMY!!! If you haven't been there, we'll have to make a date and have a treat some day! Oh, I digress. Back to the baby shower.



We all had lunch and visited and then Kristy opened the numerous presents she received. I am so glad that she was given so many wonderful things for her little fella, and a few things for herself too. I got her a bunch of random things I think a Mommy can't live without, but I still plan on making a blanket for the new baby and giving Kristy one of my "Birthing Survival Kits" Once I get it put together, I will have to photo it and let you all see what it is.
So check out this picture and tell me what you think.



Would you believe that these two women are within a week or so of the same due date? And given the size of little Kristy on the right, can you believe she only has like 7 weeks left until she delivers? She is such a Cutie! I love you Kristy! ... and I guess I love you too, Jake!

I have been enjoying playing with photography over the last couple of years and since I forgot about picture day a few weeks ago (don't ask!),I have been taking photos of the kids myself to put on the wall. I have been doing it one child at a time, cause I think that it much easier. Here is the photo I think I like best of Mikalya.



I am going to print them all out in black and white for the wall, but I may see about putting little dabs of color into them... Perhaps her eyes and the bows in her hair or something. I don't know. I'll figure it out later.

Well, off to do more Math homework. Gotta love working with radicals!

1 comment:

Catherine Anderson said...

You know that picture of Mikayla is adorable and between her and Mariah, you are in big trouble in a few years!!