Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Academic Probation


Because I did so "well" with all of my classes last semester, I have been put on Academic Probation. Yeah, Me! Basically, that means I had to go through an online workshop, fill out some papers, and meet with an academic advisor. And then of course, I have to get my grades up this semester. Sounds pretty fair to me.
I did also find out some great information from the meeting with Marti in the Advising Office. The most important piece of info that I gleaned from my visit was that I can contact my Math professor from last semester and request that my E grade be changed to a UW. From there, I can petition the board to change both of my UW's to W's. Then they would have a neutral effect on my GPA. In English, that means they will no longer be bringing my GPA down. Awesome, huh!?! She told me that with the extenuating circumstances we had happen last semester, she saw no reason why the board would not approve the change. Yeah! Yeah!!! This makes me Happy.
Now, I just have to wait for the Professor to get back to me and hope that she will change my grade. I really, really hope that she will.
I think "W" may be my new favorite letter! ... Well, after the letter "A", of course!

No comments: