Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wow! Who doesn't love constructive criticism, right?!

I have recently been informed that the meandering and sometimes nonsensical thoughts which I post to this blog (a.k.a. diary of sorts), are setting a bad example for my readers, and for my children. I was also told that my blog is not worth reading. Well, my only answers to the constructive criticism I have received are listed below:

*I often use this blog as a journal for myself and for my family. I have family and friends that live far away and they love that I post about what is going on in our lives. They also do not care if I am using proper English, or jumping from topic to topic. They've known me all of my life, and that has been how my brain works for as long as I can remember. They can typically follow along and completely understand my jumbled mess of a post.
*As for setting a bad example, I simply do not agree. I have not ever considered myself an example to my readers. I believe that every person has the right to be themselves, regardless of how imperfect they may be in another's eyes. I think teaching this to my children is of the utmost importance. I teach my children to be tolerant and loving. We believe every soul is of great worth, regardless of circumstance, background, and even bad grammar. I know that I am setting the best example for my children that I can, regardless of what I post on my blog. I am going to college full-time, being a Mom full-time, working outside of the home part-time, teaching my children Faith and the Gospel full-time, and holding our family together through addiction, alcoholism, divorce, abuse, and so many other circumstances that I cannot list them all here. ...Just a thought for my criticizer; live my life and see if you keep it all together all of the time.
*In regards to my blog not being worth reading, well, that's your opinion. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. I am sure that to some people, the random thoughts of a 30 year old Mother to a gaggle of kids, would be of no interest. That's fine. If you don't think this is worth reading, don't read it! You are not being forced to read my words, nor are you being forced to even visit my meager blog. If you don't like it, you don't have to come back.

::Sigh:: Now I feel better!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Thank you, I even feel better after reading this! I am so proud of what you have accomplished and how you are always so positive. I love reading your blog and personally think that jumping from subject to subject is more entertaining than one long boring post!!! Love ya girl!

Wendy said...

I love ya Sam!!!!!

Tilton Bunch said...

Thanks guys! I love you too!