Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bye, Bye Bandit!


Well, yesterday afternoon, Bandit went crazy. He has been getting more and more aggressive, but it all came to a head. I was walking over to the neighbor's with all the kids, and Peyton in the stroller, and the whole time Bandit was attacking all of us. He knocked each of the kids over various times and was trying to bite them. He lunged at Alex and pinned him in the snow and was biting at his face and ears and hands. He tore Alex's clothes in a couple of places, and left esveral marks on his arms and head, even his ears. He was even attacking me. He kept biting on poor Peyton's feet, first to get his socks off, and then just biting them. The baby nearly needed stitched in a small, but deep gash he got on one of his feet. The dog just wouldn't stop, no matter what I or any of the kids did. We got to the neighbor's house with all kids screaming and crying and cowering around the stroller as I was trying to fend off the puppy. We went in their house and I called Animal Control right then. Mariah and Alex were upset for him to be taken away, but they wanted him gone. It is one thing to want the dog gone when he won't stop bugging you, and another to actually see him leaving. It was a bit sad, but I was so upset about how he had attacked us, I wasn't going to have him near the kids or myself again. Plus, since we live right across the street from an Elementary School, I was afraid he would attack someone else. He was just not the right dog for us, that's for sure. Matt will be surprised when he gets home on Sunday, but he probably would have done something to the dig right then and there had he been around. Poor kiddoes and poor Bandit. See ya, Buddy...

No comments: