Saturday, January 31, 2009

Just us and the Babies




Right now the only people home are Matt, me, Gavin and Peyton. It's more quiet and relaxed with out the older kids here...well, just a tiny bit, really! And that happened through somewhat interesting circumstances. However, because of those circumstances, Matt and I had a fun night out on our own and are still recovering today.
So, lots has happened in the past couple of days since I blogged last. First of all, I had court with Eddy for his child support review. The hearing itself was just a regular review, but I got the opportunity to talk to Eddy about what I have been feeling may be best for the kids. I also gave him the letters that the kids had written. We talked some, but he didn't read the letters while he was at the court house. He initially seemed like he may be willing to sign, but not so much after he called a couple of hours later, once he had gotten home. He talked to Mariah and Alex for a bit and then me for a while. Along with other things, he said that he will probably never sign away his rights. He also said he is doing everything he possibly can for the kids, so we will simply get to just maintain the status quo.
Then yesterday, Eddy called and talked to Mariah about the fact that he had gotten her a cell phone so she could call him whenever she wants to. So, Ya! My eight year old will now have a cell phone. But so long as I am not paying for it, I guess we'll see how it goes. I am not, however; going to let her take it to school or to every random place she goes. Anyway, Eddy was going to put it in the mail for her. Then about 8 o'clock last night he called again to see if he could come and pick up the kids to take them for the weekend. I hesitated at first, but the kids wanted to go and I figured if he was willing to find a ride and work everything else out, I should let them go. Even if it was late. So now Mariah, Alex, and Mikayla are in Richfield until tomorrow. So we will see how the kids are once they get home and see if Eddy really is going to be doing more for them. Only time will tell!..

1 comment:

Laycie Call said...

hey sam!! im sorry to hear about peyton!! that stinks, my kids never got rsv, but they would get the croupe and it took them until about the age or 5 until they outgrew getting it yearly! sorry the court thing didnt go so well, but just stay strong and go with your instincts, things will work out for the best!! love ya!!